scottlevy.tk Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The unofficial home of wrestling star Raven's fans on the internet. scottlevy.tk to launch soon!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calvin and Hobbes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DocSivana

Calvin and Hobbes Empty
PostSubject: Calvin and Hobbes   Calvin and Hobbes EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Ok....Calvin and Hobbes is honestly my favorite Newspaper comic EVER. It's immediately funny at face value, but it's also well written enough to allow you to come back and re-read it and get another layer from the same comic.

Plus Bill Watterson....unlike SOME comic creators *CoughJimDavisCough* he never attempted to License out his creations to other media beyond the comic itself.

(All those "Calvin Pees on X/Praying Calvin" window clings are being produced and sold without his permission and technically infringement on his intellectual property)

It's also technically responsible for a pic/comic that never fails to make me just a little sad.

Calvin and Hobbes PNzfq

It's honestly the abrupt shift from Sunday Color to B/W that sells it.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Johnny Polo
Admin
Admin
Mrs. Johnny Polo

Calvin and Hobbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin and Hobbes   Calvin and Hobbes EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 9:23 am

I saw a guy with the pic of Calvin pissing on a Sheffield Wednesday logo (I think) tattooed on him... what would Bill Watterson think?
Back to top Go down
DocSivana

Calvin and Hobbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin and Hobbes   Calvin and Hobbes EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Depends......Is he a Blades man?

Honestly, as much as he's against selling the license and marketing it beyond the comic....he doesn't seem litigious either.
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Johnny Polo
Admin
Admin
Mrs. Johnny Polo

Calvin and Hobbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin and Hobbes   Calvin and Hobbes EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 9:34 am

DocSivana wrote:
Depends......Is he a Blades man?

Likely, though every other club in Yorkshire hates Wednesday Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calvin and Hobbes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calvin and Hobbes   Calvin and Hobbes Empty

Back to top Go down

Calvin and Hobbes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
scottlevy.tk Forums :: Off-Topic :: The Lounge-